custom program problem

Jeff Holmes jeff at questar.QUESTAR.MN.ORG
Tue Dec 5 02:37:19 AEST 1989

	Hi,

	(XENIX 386 2.3.2)

	Q. What did I do wrong?

	1. I installed games using 'custom'
	2. I decided to un-install games using 'custom'
	3. When I selected to remove ALL, custom began removing
	   my OPERATING SYSTEM, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!.

	Now, lest you thinks me a moron and that I had actually selected
	to remove the OS instead of GAMES, I know that I had selected
	the games set from the initial screen. And when I chose
	the option number to remove a package the screen came up
	with the games package, ALL for games was completely installed.
	I then proceeded to type ALL at the prompt for "which parts to
	be removed".

	Well, there isn't much more to say about this (it's a pretty
	simple task) except that I had no idea what was going on
	until custom asked me what I wanted to do with the files
	in /usr/spool/mail.

	I guess what I'm implying is that it seems there could be
	a problem with custom. Anyone ever had this happen?

	Thanks in advance,
		Jeff
Jeff Holmes	                  DOMAIN: jeff at questar.mn.org
Questar Data Systems                UUCP: amdahl!bungia!questar!jeff
St. Paul, MN 55121		    AT&T: +1 612 688 0089