TCP/IP on Xenix - summary

Chip Rosenthal chip at chinacat.Lonestar.ORG
Fri Dec 15 12:03:56 AEST 1989

In article <157 at csinc.UUCP> rpeglar at csinc.UUCP (Rob Peglar x615) writes:
#>Some time ago, I asked the group to comment on their TCP/IP configurations
#>for Xenix systems. [...]
#>
#>Chip Rosenthal writes:
#>From: uunet!wugate!vector.dallas.tx.us!chip (Chip Rosenthal)
#>
#>However, you must keep in mind that SCO's TCP/IP will be useless to you
#>as long as you run XENIX.  That's because TCP/IP is built upon SysV
#>streams, which are unavailable (and I would expect to remain so) under
#>XENIX.

Brappzhht!

My speculation was off base, and this is no longer true.  TCP is available
from SCO under XENIX.  I don't have any experience with it, so I can't
say anything about the implementation.  However, I do want to take this
opportunity to dislodge my foot from my mouth.  Sorry for the misinformation.