Failed kill -9

Dave Hughes dave at oldcolo.UUCP
Wed Dec 13 17:54:53 AEST 1989

How else, short of a reboot, can I kill a process on a port that
kill -9 won't kill?

For some reason a port with a 9600 baud Robotics dual standard
on it sometimes locks up after a user disconnects. And either
a getty is on the port or a 'login' process. But neither a
kill -9 on the process number will kill it or even result in
a changed process number. And it is unaffected if I disable
the tty with 'disable ttya5'.

SCO Xenix 2.2.

I also can't force anything out it, or use a 'cu' on it.
Its as if it has seized the process.

Dave Hughes          Old Colorado City Communications
"It is better to light one screen than cursor the darkness"
hplabs!hp-lsd!oldcolo!dave