Kernel panics and double panics

Dave Hammond daveh at marob.masa.com
Sat Dec 30 02:27:39 AEST 1989

In article <4987 at gaboon.UUCP> asv at gaboon.UUCP (Stan Voket) writes:
>You've got poth parallel ports using the same interrupt vector. This is
>your problem. (I've been guilty of it myself. :-))

Both printers were installed on interrupt 7 because the alternate
parallel driver interrupt (5) was used by the tape drive.  In practise,
it is rare that both printers are active simultaneously.  In fact, I
have witnessed both printers active at the same time, and all appears to
go well.  Perhaps this is because the printers have large buffers, so
the actual data transmission time is quite short?

Also, can an interrupt conflict, like this, actually panic a system or
will it just bog down printing when both printers are active?

--
Dave Hammond
daveh at marob.masa.com
uunet!masa.com!marob!daveh