smart serial port boards (Arnet)

Marc Snyder marcs at crpmks.UUCP
Sun Dec 24 11:28:47 AEST 1989

In article <1123 at polari.UUCP> markt at .UUCP (Mark Tapper) writes:
>In article <158 at raider.MFEE.TN.US> wlk at raider.MFEE.TN.US (Wolf Kozel) writes:
>>   There is a problem with the Arnet Smartport and Telebit
>>modems. [...]
>>[...]  With non-intelligent Multiport,
>>there is no problem.
>
>  This is not a problem with the Anvil Stallion 16 port.  We have 2 telebits
> I wouldnt recommend the Stallion though,  At 19200 it makes other ports
>just about useless if we are getting any incoming traffic.

This sounds like a problem to me.  I currently have Telebit Trailblazer
Pluses installed on clients machines connected to Equinox Megaports.
These ports and the modems have their speed locked at 19.2, and the modem
does the baud rate converstions.  The other ports are usable with the
Telebits receiving incoming traffic -- even 1MB news batches.  Sounds
like you may want to try out another brand of intelligent serial ports.
I have finally found one that I am fully satisfied with.

Please note, I am not affiliated w/Equinox, I am just very impressed with
their products.  Blah, blah, blah...
--
Marc Snyder                     UUCP: ...philabs!crpmks!marcs
System Administrator                  ...gaboon!crpmks!marcs