MMDF, Smail and Elm Mailer

Steve McConnel steve at txsil.lonestar.org
Sun Dec 3 09:15:57 AEST 1989

In article <5484 at cps3xx.UUCP> las at frith.UUCP (Larry A. Shields) writes:
>I've tried running Mush with SCO UNIX 3.2 and mmdf but when I try to
>send mail submit returns a error message "Can't create file" . . .

We ran into a similar problem.  Here's the solution i found yesterday:  check
the file permissions under /usr/spool/mmdf/lock.  Here's what they should be:
	700	/usr/spool/mmdf/lock/
	777	/usr/spool/mmdf/lock/home/
	777	/usr/spool/mmdf/lock/home/tmp/
	777	/usr/spool/mmdf/lock/home/addr/
	777	/usr/spool/mmdf/lock/home/q.*/
	777	/usr/spool/mmdf/lock/home/msg/
This information is hidden in the User's Reference manual under QUEUE(F).
The directories under /usr/spool/mmdf/lock were also set to 700, possibly
by default when we installed the SCO UNIX 3.2 system.  I hope this helps --
no guarantee we had the same problem, but we did have the same symptom.
--
Stephen McConnel
Summer Institute of Linguistics  PHONE: 214-709-2418
Dallas, TX 75236              Internet: steve at txsil.lonestar.org