How many have problems with Arnet+modems

Wolf Kozel wlk at raider.MFEE.TN.US
Fri Dec 22 05:30:51 AEST 1989

In article <193 at sir-alan.UUCP>, mikes at sir-alan.UUCP (Mike Squires) writes:
> I'm having problems with the Arnet Smartport driver and its broken handling
> of DTR.  Arnet tells me that this is a rare problem, and that they are
> working on it - shipping date in three weeks, they said (as of a week or
> so ago).
>
> Am I the only one using an Arnet board with modems and having this problem?
> If you are in the same boat please send me e-mail; I'd like to see how  many
> are in the boat with me.  If you have any workarounds that would be nice,
> too.
>
> Michael L. Squires                  uucp: {cwjcc,}!ncoast!util20!sir-alan!mikes

I too, would like input on problems with our product and/or our company.
I've asked Michael to foward postings to him.  I have some more questions:

1) Telebit Modems:  Has anybody had any success with them and our
   Smartport?  Yesterday I got marketing involved in trying to get
   some Telebits in-house.  Our Support Department works really
   hard but they were having no luck with getting infor from Telebit.
   I have seen problem reports concerning Telebit modems not only
   with us--Digiboard,Computone, and Anvil all have had postings.

2) Delivery dates missed:  There seems to be a big problem with this.
   I always told customers a software rev. would be out a month
   or two later than what we had scheduled.  Software is always
   late. late (look at os/2).

3)How  often does the phone ring before someone picks up?  Is there any problem there?

4) Regular modems:  If you're having trouble, call us or reply
   via e-mail.  (800) 366-8844.    We have a driver in beta.  I've
got it installed on three systems and I haven't seen any disconnect
problems. The driver release is 5.1.12 beta.

Wolf Kozel
Arnet