ST-251 Drives as RLL?

Marc Snyder marcs at crpmks.UUCP
Thu Dec 14 10:42:20 AEST 1989

Hello all,
	I don't want to start another huge discussion about whether it is
good to reformat an MFM drive as RLL or not.  I am interested if anyone
out there has taken an Seagate ST-251 42MB 40ms MFM drive, and formatted
it and used it as an RLL drive.  I am going to use two of these drives
formated for RLL for use with SCO Xenix (any Xenix gurus listening out
there? {8^)).  These drives have been running fine for over two years
now, but with a new 386 motherboard on the way, I don't want the disks
slowing the system down too much -- I cant afford to upgrade the drives
just yet.  I thank you all in advance for your time and help.  I would
prefer responses via E-mail (toll free would be fine, also).  Happy
hacking!
--
Marc Snyder                     UUCP: ...philabs!crpmks!marcs
System Administrator                  ...gaboon!crpmks!marcs