curses efficiency

Tom Yager tyager at apollo.COM
Sun Jan 29 10:36:00 AEST 1989

[ some stuff about curses hopping between column 1 and the position
  of each character written ]

I've seen this, too. There are a couple of ways to fix it:

   1. Compile against termcap curses. I think it does not show the
      problem, but I'm not entirely sure.

   2. Start your output on other than column 1. That sounds like a
      silly solution, but the glitch only seems to occur when there
      is a character at the far left of the line. In an application
      I wrote, I indented all the input lines three spaces and the
      problem went away.

Good luck.
(ty)

--