VPIX and other SCO complaints

Sanford 'Sandy' Zelkovitz sandy at turnkey.TCC.COM
Mon Jan 30 22:45:35 AEST 1989

In article <363 at serene.UUCP>, rfarris at serene.UUCP (Rick Farris) writes:

> One thing I haven't seen discussed here, is the fact that some of
> "SCOs" analysts are actually part-time contractors, working at home.
> I'm not sure of the proportions, but I know there are people out
> there (Sandy?) that are paid on a per-call basis.  That's the real
> reason for the delays in call backs.  SCO has to locate a person to
> call you, who has to do something with their "real job", and finally
> get back to you.
>
> Rick Farris   RF Engineering  POB M  Del Mar, CA  92014   voice (619) 259-6793
> rfarris at serene.cts.com     ...!uunet!serene!rfarris       serene.UUCP 259-7757

Rick,

SCO has a complete support staff and does not rely on outside contractors to
handle complaints, etc. They do, however, recommend outside help, such as
device driver programming, system administration, and the like. In some
cases, they may also go out for external programming such as the
Multiview package, VpiX, and X-windows.

SCO has a VERY nice system for Technical Support internally. The call is
first given to a "general" support person. If the problem/question is too
much that that individual, the call is then given to a specialiced in that
area.

My only connection with SCO is as a VAR and am recommended to companies to
help solve their individual problems.

Sandy

--
Sanford <sandy> Zelkovitz               XBBS   714-898-8634
UUCP: ....att!hermix!alphacm!sandy      ....trwrb!ucla-an!alphacm!sandy