problems with Telebit and dialTBIT.c

Terry Hull terry at eecea.eece.ksu.edu
Sat Jan 28 02:14:29 AEST 1989

In article <5367 at turnkey.TCC.COM> sandy at turnkey.TCC.COM (Sanford 'Sandy' Zelkovitz) writes:
>I am still having problems with the Telebit modem running under SCO Xenix
>386 version 2.3.1! Here are the changes that I made:
>
> [description deleted]
I have had problems with hardware flow control as well.  I am using my
TB+ mostly for dial out, but here is what I'm doing.

1)  For outgoing uucp, I set the modem for hardware flow control and
UUCP spoofing to connect to another TB modem.  I set dialTBIT for
XON/XOFF when connecting to a 1200 baud modem.

2)  For outgoing cu, I use XON/XOFF at both 1200 baud and 19.2 KB

3)  Incoming cu works OK with XON/XOFF.  BTW, I have specified XON
flow control in the gettydefs.

4) When I add RTSFLOW and CTSFLOW to the gettydefs (with a CORRECT
cable) the modem will answer and connect, but I never get a prompt
from the computer.  If I change to XON flow control it works.  I
intend to attack this problem next week by attaching a terminal to the
serial port and trying to make the hardware handshaking work.

The only thing I have found so far is that you probably should not use
the sane stty parameter when trying to enable hardware flow control
because sane tries to set XON/XOFF.  I was trying to use SANE together
with RTSFLOW/CTSFLOW when I was having the problems.

--
Terry Hull                    Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
                                           Kansas State University