Micnet

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.ateng.com
Sat Jan 21 08:39:56 AEST 1989

According to tif at cpe.UUCP:
>I'm a bit defensive of anything that sounds like criticisms of micnet
>because it works and most people are too set in their ways to try it.

Oh, I tried it.

When you send a large file, it doesn't rename the temp file to the
destination filename; it *copies* it.  Even if they're on the same
filesystem.

As soon as I discovered that, I switched to UUCP.  If MICNET is careless in
copying files, what else is carelessly written?  Best not to find out the
hard way.

(BTW, Smail handles mail aliases just fine, thank you very much.)
--
Chip Salzenberg             <chip at ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>
A T Engineering             Me?  Speak for my company?  Surely you jest!