free form texual database

Earl H. Kinmonth kinmonthprep at deneb.ucdavis.edu
Sun Jan 8 07:10:34 AEST 1989

In article <397 at ispi.UUCP> jbayer at ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) writes:
>I have a need for a free form texual database for a Xenix system.  It
>has to be able to store entries of arbitrary length (anywhere from a few
>lines to several pages), and be indexed by at least a header, and if
>possible by special key words located in the entries.  The key words in
>the second case would be specified in a key word list, the database
>should index any word in the entry which is in the key word list.
>
>Additionally, it should be able to store data in a tree-structured
>order, somewhat like the net news.

I have such a data base.  It meets all of your criteria except tree-structure.
It uses hashed indexes instead.

Earl H. Kinmonth
History Department
University of California, Davis
Davis, California  95616
916-752-1636 (day: voice, night: fax)
916-752-0776 (secretary)
ucbvax!ucdavis!ucdked!cck (email)
cc-dnet.ucdavis.edu (request ucdked, login as guest)