'adb' experts?

Doug Toppin toppin at melpar.UUCP
Wed Jul 5 23:09:47 AEST 1989

I have been writing little programs to print out the contents
of nondisplayable data files in a formatted fashion and just
realized that 'adb' can do it as well. My only problem is that
sometimes the data was written using structures with fields
other than 8,16,32 bits. Does anyone know of a way with adb
to print out the fields? I haven't seen anyway to mask. For example:
struct
{
	long a;
	int b;
	unsigned int c : 5
	unsigned int d : 8;
};
The 'c' and 'd' entries are packed into the same 16-bit word.
We are running IBM Xenix 2 (System V) and don't have 'sdb'.
If you know of any good references on adb please let me know.
thanks, Doug Toppin
uunet!melpar!toppin