SCO Forum89: The International Conference for Developers and Resellers

Jeff Tye jeff at swusrgrp.UUCP
Wed Jul 5 17:01:21 AEST 1989

In article <3620 at ursa-major.SPDCC.COM>, dyer at spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) writes:
> In article <200 at infopro.UUCP> david at infopro.UUCP (David Fiedler) writes:
> >Too bad you folks at SCO waited so long to announce the dates, but even
> >more important, too bad you decided to run your Forum the same week as
> >Uniforum in Boston.
>
> SCO Forum8x has always been held the last full week of August.  This is
> its third year.  They send out a "don't forget" mailing to their customers
> early in the summer.

True, I got my invite months ago.

> It's unfortunate, I suppose, that a regional Uniforum is being held at
> the same time, but dates for all these kinds of events are nailed down
> years, not months, in advance.

I'd rather go to Santa Cruz, California anyway. SCO's conference compared
to the regional UniForum is more interesting. At this point, I'll get more
value from the SCO conference than UniForum. Most of the vendors at UniForum
will be in sabre-rattling mode and aren't in a position to offer anything that
I can't read from the trades. At least at SCO's conference there will be
people who are *really* concerned with furthering the UNIX cause and not so
much about their BMW payment and who they have to suck up to next.

--
Jeff Tye
ncar!noao!asuvax!hrc!swusrgrp!jeff