naive SCSI/X.25 support questions

Randy Bush randy at m2xenix.UUCP
Thu Jul 6 17:51:09 AEST 1989

A friend with no news access (net address below) would like to know if and
how he will be able to run the following dual Xenix/386 lashup.

Two 386/25s, each of them with
  o Adaptec SCSI host adapters
  o SCSI tape (brand unstated)
  o X.25 (brand unstated)
  o and the usual assortment of thingies

He tried QNX (mind your manners:-), but the SCSI drives are not supported.
He can access the drives as long as he does not need any sort of file system
and can remember on which sector he stored what and access the data
directly, but as far as Files on the SCSI drives are concerned - forget it.

So, he is ready to switch rather than fight.  He would like to know:

  o Does SCO Xenix support the above hardware configuration?  I know Future
    Domain SCSI works well, as I use it, but what about Adaptec?

  o What LANware components will he need from SCO et al. to support the
    SCSIs and the X.25 with resource sharing?  Will it really be sharing?

  o Will XBBS, MajorBBS, or some other BBSware run on it?  (All that hot
   iron, and he wants BBSware?)

You can reply to me and I will forward, or if you're into kinky addresses,
try writing directly to Ken.Yerex at f1103.n351.z1.fidonet.org.

Thanks.
--
{ mcvax!uunet!oresoft, tektronix!percival!qiclab } !m2xenix!randy  Randy Bush