How to speed up uucp with Telebits(only get 9600 out of 386)

Macy Hallock macy at fmsystm.UUCP
Fri Jul 14 14:40:39 AEST 1989

In following all this discussion about getting better throughput on
Telebit Trailblazers, I'd like to know:

How can I get a simple cheap 19,200 bps serial port on my 80386
running SCO Xenix 2.3.1?

The /etc/gettydef seems to allow only for operation to 9600.
Do I need special hardware?  I am using simple, dumb serial
cards (8250).

What do I need to modify in Xenix?

I have an Anvil Stallion mulitport board in my other (non-news) machine
and it solves the problem nicely, but what can I do on my news machine?

Regards, and thanks in advance to all who reply/post.

Macy Hallock                   fmsystm!macy at NCoast.ORG
F M Systems                    hal!ncoast!fmsystm!macy
150 Highland Dr.               216-723-3000 ext 251 voice, office
Medina, OH 44256               216-722-3053 voice, home 19:00-23:00 EDT
New path under construction:   uunet!aablue!fmsystm!macy  (Thanks JB!)