Disk duplexing w/SCO Unix/Xenix

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Mon Jul 17 04:14:35 AEST 1989

In article <14 at aostul.UUCP> steveb at aostul.UUCP (Steve Bogner) writes:

>We have a large (potential) customer that wants an SCO Unix system
>that is "fault tolerant" (in the Novell LAN sense).  This would
>include "disk mirroring" or "disk duplexing" where a second hard disk
>is maintained as an exact image of the primary disk.  The reasoning
>goes that if the primary disk goes bad, they can automatically run off
>the second disk without any difficulty.  Does anyone know if there is
>such an animal?

Get the DPT disk controller and forget about it.

They can do on-board shadowing, removing the operating system from the loop
entirely -- and they cache disk accesses as well!

Nice board, even if a little expensive.  (but for unbelievably fast
performance, I'll pay their price)

--
Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 312 566-8911], Voice: [+1 312 566-8910]