duplicate L.sys entries

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Fri Jul 7 00:50:54 AEST 1989

In article <36 at holston.UUCP>, barton at holston.UUCP (barton) writes:
> The problem is that when I put 2 entries in my L.sys file for the
> same system, each w/different baud rates, uucp only sees the 1st
> entry and fails w/line in use error, totally ignoring the 2nd
> entry!

Yeah, yeah, i know -- you don't have honey danber uucp; but i'm afraid that,
short of writing some kludgey scheme to rotate (L.sys) files around containing
different orderings of the lines to use, you're stuck with what ya got.

sorry.

What i have to do on my one xenix system is occasionally get a uustat -mall and
note which systems have not been contacted in a week or more and then, if
necessary, manually reorder the appropriate lines in L.sys and force a call,
then reorder again, if necessary.

A real pain in the arss.

derek
--
Derek Terveer 	    det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG || ..!uunet!rosevax!elric!hawkmoon!det
		    w(612)681-6986   h(612)789-8643

"A proper king is crowned" -- Thomas B. Costain