CDC Wren-IV running S L O W L Y

Larry Pajakowski larry at tapa.uucp
Sat Jul 15 02:03:49 AEST 1989

We have 2 CDC Wren-IV SCSI disks which well but slowly.

Does anyone know where I can order the tech. ref. manual?

What is this company called these days and where are they located?
	(CDC, MPI, Imprimis, Seagate?)

Specifically how can I find out if the interleave really is 1:1 and more
importantly how can I tell if the "read look ahead" is on and set it on if it
isn't.

A more general question is how can I configure the drive and will this
configuation stick or will Xenix reconfigure it for me?

This disk is being used with an Adaptec 1540A if that makes any difference.

Many thanks in advance.

Larry Pajakowski
Abbott Labs.
1-312-937-1153