CDC Read Ahead Buffer

neese at adaptex.UUCP neese at adaptex.UUCP
Sun Jul 23 02:04:00 AEST 1989

>> STUFF DELETED <
>> I have writen an extensive piece of software for bit fiddling all the
>> mode pages of a SCSI device.  It also includes a low level formatter.
>> It does run under MS-DOS and uses menus for poking around in a SCSI
>> device.
>
>Must these command sequences be issued each time the device is acessed?
>Powered up? Only once in its life?

There are two options in the saving of a mode page.  Either permanently or
save until the next SCSI bus reset/power cycle.

>I am not intimately familiar with the SCSI spec., so perhaps
>pointers to references or a brief discussion would clear
>up much of the confusion seen here.

Okay.

			Roy Neese
			Adaptec Central Field Applications Engineer
			UUCP @ {merch,texbell,killer}!cpe!adaptex!neese