ps2 model 80 disk upgrade

Ronald Florence ron at mlfarm.UUCP
Sun Jul 9 02:34:47 AEST 1989

I would appreciate recommendations of a reliable, fast hard disk which
will work with the ESDI controller in an IBM ps2/model 80.  Is there an
alternative to the IBM disks?  Who sells them?  I an planning to either
add a second disk of at least 100 megabytes, or install a 150-200
megabyte disk and sell the present 70 megabyte disk.

I would also welcome comments on the virtues or drawbacks of using two
disks rather than one with Xenix.  The files on the system are split
fairly evenly between the root file system and /dev/u.

Please send replies by email.  Thanks.

--
Ronald Florence       {decuac,garp,gatech,sun,uunet}!rayssd!mlfarm!ron