disks with DOS partitions/SCO 286Xenix

Kris Croes croes at imec.uucp
Wed Jul 12 18:00:27 AEST 1989

In article <1534 at compugen.> john at compugen.UUCP (John Beaudin) writes:
>I have a 2 hard drive system. DOS partition 'C'/Xenix on 1 drive, & DOS
>partition 'D' on the other. While I can use the 'dos*' utilities from Xenix
>to access files on 'C', I'm not sucessful in accessing files from 'D'. If
>this is commonly possible, what are the pre-requisites?

You should know that 'c:','d:',... are just shorthands for /dev/hd0d, /dev/hd01,...
and these are defined somewhere in a file in the /etc/defaults directory (I can't come
up to the exact name right now), the format is self explanatory.

BTW: dosdir /dev/hd1d/tmp ,or, doscp /tmp/xxx /dev/hd1d are also valid.

You should nose around in more files on your system. :-)

Kris.
--
--------
K. CROES - IMEC - Leuven - Belgium   ..!prlb2!imec!croes

The Demon King bites in your leg and you feel weaker.