SCO XENIX 2.3.1 mail locking method

Carmen Hardina bt455s39 at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu
Sun Jul 30 14:05:09 AEST 1989

Could someone please tell tell me which method SCO XENIX 386 System V 2.3.1
uses to interlock access to /usr/spool/mail/$USER.  Does it use the flock
system call?  is it even existent? (flock) ...or does it use a lock file
named /usr/spool/mail/$USER.lock?

The reason I ask, is because when I tried to make GNU Emacs 18.54 assuming
that there was a flock system call, it failed when trying to compile
movemail.c.  It had an unresolved external...  __flocking or something like
that.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  If so, why did GNU make
the flock system call the default for XENIX 386 in s-xenix.h?

					Thanks in advance,
						--Carmen

--
Carmen Maria Hardina, University of Hawaii at Manoa...
UUCP: {uunet,ucbvax,dcdwest}!ucsd!nosc!uhccux!bt455s39