Xenix386 2.3.2 screen

William R. Pearson wrp at biochsn.acc.Virginia.EDU
Mon Jul 3 00:10:16 AEST 1989

	I have just upgraded from Xenix286 2.2.1 to Xenix386 2.3.2 with
an Intel Inboard.  Getting the gettydefs file to work for lines that
required even parity was painful, but now they work.  However, I have
a problem calling up other systems using the console (built-in hercules
compatible monochrome screen) as a terminal.  When I call other systems
that are apparently using even parity, I get all sorts of bizarre (greek,
etc) characters on the screen.  I assume that eight bits are being sent
to the screen driver, which is then putting the special character set
up on the screen.

	How do I stop this?  With 286 2.2.1, and earlier versions, this
was not a problem.

	When I installed the Inboard 386, the system when from about 1600
dhrystones/sec (Xenix286) to about 3200 (286 mode).  With Xenix 386, that
number is back down to 2000 dhrystones/sec.  I guess I need more 32 bit
memory. (I have 1 Meg 32 bit, 1.5 meg 16 bit).

Bill Pearson