software for sending mail XENIX to DOS pc's

Chris Anderson chris at utgard.uucp
Tue Jul 11 08:17:26 AEST 1989

In article <186 at zorin.UUCP> chris at zorin.UUCP (Christopher Nielsen) writes:

>Well, I know UULINK at $335 is much, but it includes some kind of cron, and
>other stuff. I don't have the flyer in front of me.., so yes, it may have
>stuff not supported in other packages, or work better... For those of you

UULINK does support mail between DOS and unix systems.  Domain addressing,
aliases, uucp, etc. are all there.  My impressions of it are generally
good (we use it for communications between a Novell network and a Unix
system).  The cron, however, was something of a disappointment to me.
Here I was expecting some neat TSR or something to keep time in the
background; all it is is a foreground program that you run. Jeez! *I*
could have done that!!! :)

All in all, it's a good package.  Well worth checking out...

Chris
--
| Chris Anderson, 						       |
| QMA, Inc.		        email : {csusac,sactoh0}!utgard!chris  |