EGA under Xenix

Brian Chapman chapman at sco.COM
Wed Jul 19 11:24:12 AEST 1989

In article <1147 at infovax.lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de> rommel at lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Kai-Uwe Rommel) writes:

>1. Is the Xenix console driver (SCO 286 Xenix 2.2.1) good enough to
>   recognize the 43 lines and to use them properly ?

Not untill 2.3.  Where there is command "vidi e80x43" to put
an EGA video multiscreen into 80x43 mode.

>2. Because in graphics modes a mouse is often useful, I am interested
>   in info about the hardware protocol of the Microsoft serial mouse

2.3 also has an event driver and support for several of the
common mices, including the MS serial mouse.
--
	Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Brian Chapman		uunet!sco!chapman	SCO UNIX 3.2 Development