SCO dial-in site install help

Ronald Florence ron at mlfarm.UUCP
Fri Jul 28 00:34:05 AEST 1989

In article <20741 at cup.portal.com> Anthony_Mak_Fiorentino at cup.portal.com writes:

   I tried to install a dial-in site under SCO 2.2.3 using uucp and
   followed all instructions including use of the uuinstall utility
   When I attempt a login I get the message of the day greeting, but then
   instead of the password prompt I get "shere". I am unable to key-in
   any further and have to wait for a disconnect. What am I doing wrong?

Mark, it sounds like you are running uucico as the login shell for
your dial-in line.  If the line is intended for uucp call-in, that is
correct, and the corresponding uucico will respond correctly to the
"shere".  If you want regular logins on the line, the login shell
(last item on the /etc/passwd line) should be /bin/sh, /bin/rsh, or
/bin/csh.
--

Ronald Florence			...{hsi!aati,rayssd}!mlfarm!ron