Duplicating XENIX distrib

Ed Hew edhew at egvideo.UUCP
Tue Jul 11 14:00:00 AEST 1989

In article <89070708053220 at masnet.uucp> william.pipher at canremote.uucp (WILLIAM PIPHER) writes:
>Just to throw a wrench in the works -- my MSDOS 3.3a would *not*
>correctly diskcopy the N1 Boot diskette of the SCO 2.3 in my package
>either.  There appeared to be no problems -- except that installation
>could not be completed with the MSDOS copied 96 TPI diskette!

Since I'm not familiar with the use and capabilities of msdos diskcopy,
I don't know the answer to the following two questions, so I'll toss
them out for consideration:

1/	Does msdos diskcopy know what to do with a mountable diskettes,
	as opposed to tar diskettes?  The N1 (I suspect, I haven't
	checked all my distribution diskettes) is the only one with
	a mountable filesystem.

2/	Just how smart is msdos diskcopy?  Can it copy device files?
	(I don't have a msdos manual handy, or I'd scrutinize it for
	the answer to that one.  :-) )

		--ed		{edhew at egvideo.uucp}

  Ed. A. Hew             Technical Trainer             Xeni/Con Corporation
  work:  edhew at xenicon.uucp	 -or-	 ..!{uunet!}utai!lsuc!xenicon!edhew
  home:	 edhew at egvideo.uucp	 -or-	   ..!{uunet!}watmath!egvideo!edhew
  # I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on floppy around here somewhere!