Large disks with DOS/Xenix

Chuck Bentley chuckb at hounix.UUCP
Sun Jul 16 03:01:15 AEST 1989

I have a 40 meg drive with rll which gives me 60 meg available.  What I
wanted to do was setup a small 20 meg partition for dos and the rest for
XENIX.  My primary purpose was to be able to transfer stuff back and
forth on the hard disk.  Unfortunatly my XENIX wouldn't allow me access
to dos if it went past the 32 meg boundry.  What I ended up doing was
setting up the first 20 meg for XENIX, the next 10 meg for the boot
partition of dos and the rest (30) meg for a second dos partition.  It
works fine, except that I don't need all that room for dos and would
really rather give xenix another 20 meg.

If anyone has a better way of setting this up I would dearly like to
hear about it.

		Chuck...