setgid() broken on xenix?

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Mon Jul 10 07:24:18 AEST 1989

In article <5 at bronson.UUCP> tan at bronson.UUCP (Tan Bronson) writes:

>    A few weeks ago I recall someone else noticing that setgid programs
>can't work on Xenix. Is there a workaround? I'm running `386 2.3.1...
>I'd sure like to be able to use this someday!
>thanks

SGID programs work fine, to my direct knowlege, on:

	Xenix V/386 2.2 & 2.3
	Xenix V/286 2.2

Now, 80286 XENIX programs executed on Interactive 386/ix that are SGID WILL
NOT work right.  Neither will SUID programs.  It has to do with the way
their emulator works.

'386 Xenix binaries on Interactive do work however.  We do that all the time
as well, without trouble.

--
Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 312 566-8911], Voice: [+1 312 566-8910]