Laserjet & Xenix

Terry Hull terry at tah386.manhattan.ks.us
Fri Jul 28 03:58:30 AEST 1989

In article <897 at lakesys.UUCP> davef at lakesys.UUCP (Dave Fenske) writes:
>I got hit with a question last night that I don't know the answer to.  It seems
>that this man has an HP Laserjet attached to a Compaq which is running Xenix.
>
>He doesn't want banner pages, so he edited "lpd" and set banners=0.  He claims
>that he still gets a blank page (no banners, but a page nonetheless) before
>the first page of each print job.   He runs 2.3.1.

Check the interface script.  My guess is he is either sending a
form feed to the printer, or he is doing a printer reset with
an ESC E.  Sending an Escape E to the printer will not only reset
it, but will also cause the printer to form feed a blank page.

--
Terry Hull
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Kansas State University