Desktop publishing in the unix world

Fred Rump from home fr at icdi10.UUCP
Sun Jul 9 23:13:33 AEST 1989

In article <2 at pcgbase.UUCP> jep at pcgbase.UUCP (Soies gentil!) writes:
->
->A non profit organization has asked me to help with an 8 user
->publishing system.  While this is not my specialty I'm trying to help.
->I'm looking for the best price/performance ratio and would appreciate
->some advice or criticism of the following proposals.  I also need

               yours                             mine

->386 Box    SCO Xenix/Unix                    SCO Unix 386
->           Computone multi port card         Corallary 8 ports
->           Wyse 60 terminals                 Wyse 60 (6)
->           Laser printers ?                  Any HP compatible
->           Scanners/drivers ?                ? Not yet tested
->           Word Perfect  ?                   Lyrix or Word for Xenix
->           Publishing under Xenix/Unix ???   Sun River terminal (mono)
->                                             EGA/VGA monitor
->Apples     Unix server?                      8 MB ram, 25 MHz clock
->                                             338 Drive (SCSI)
->MS-Dos     Unix server?                      VP/ix for Sun and monitor
->--

We deal with non-profits all the time (churches) in similar configs.
We'll install a 286 to 386 upgrade like the above shortly in FL (Deland)

Everything works fine. If anybody can do it cheaper, better I'd love to hear
from them.
--
This is my house.   My castle will get started right after I finish with news.
26 Warren St.             uucp:          ...{bpa dsinc uunet}!cdin-1!icdi10!fr