Adaptec 2372 RLL with Seagate ST-4096 MFM

Matthew Larson matt at holmes.home.nwu.edu
Sun Jul 16 09:07:02 AEST 1989

I'm running SCO 386 XENIX 2.3.2 with a Seagate ST-4096 80 megabyte hard disk
and I'm considering trying to run it RLL with an Adaptec 2372 controller.
Is it bad news to try to run MFM drives RLL, or does it depend on the
particular drive?  Has anyone tried the 4096?  Does anyone have an RLL
that they like better than the 2372?  And, finally, are there any
XENIX repercussions of using an RLL controller that I should know about?

Thanks in advance.
Matt Larson             Internet: matt at holmes.home.nwu.edu
Voice: (815) 226-3961 (day) UUCP: ...!{oddjob,gargoyle}!nucsrl!holmes!matt
"I believe in the fundamental interconnectedness of all things." - Dirk Gently