software for sending mail XENIX to DOS pc's

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Fri Jul 7 23:40:40 AEST 1989

In article <190 at arnor.UUCP>, uri at arnor.UUCP (Uri Blumenthal) writes:
> As far as I know, there's uucp version for DOS, it's called UUPC, it's
> floating around this network. Hope somebody who keeps it, will whow up.

Yes, indeed, there is a hacked up version of UUPC (called PCmail) that is
floating around on the network.  Our group has a working version of PCmail that
is available for download, etc, from the server on nimbus.elric.Sp.Unisys.COM.

The best thing to do is to boot strap yourself by sending the mail message:

send help to <your domain address>

to:	pcmail-request at nimbus.elric.Sp.Unisys.COM

This will send a file of help explaining how to get other things from the
archive server.

There is a set of 4 floppies somewhere in the archive that comprises the
installation floppies and its been hacked up into several pieces.

Look for readme files that have been sparingly scattered throughout the
archive.

PLEASE NOTE!!!!!  This server is actually a smallish PC (20M disk) running
PCmail and dos, so DON'T flood the poor thing with requests!!!!!!  If you do I
will arbitrarily kill off randomly selected uucp jobs so that i will be able to
get my job done.....  (:-(
If you want, for example, the entire set of 4 installation floppies, please
request only a few chunks a day.

Source code is also available.  Note also that this software is still actively
evolving, so if you get a non-working or working binary now, you may be able to
check back in a month or two or three and discover a better version has been
installed in the archive.

derek
--
Derek Terveer 	    det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG || ..!uunet!rosevax!elric!hawkmoon!det
		    w(612)681-6986   h(612)789-8643

"A proper king is crowned" -- Thomas B. Costain