Duplicating XENIX distrib

Jean-Pierre Radley jpr at dasys1.UUCP
Sat Jul 15 05:28:24 AEST 1989

In article <89070708053220 at masnet.uucp> william.pipher at canremote.uucp (WILLIAM PIPHER) writes:
>Just to throw a wrench in the works -- my MSDOS 3.3a would *not*
>correctly diskcopy the N1 Boot diskette of the SCO 2.3 in my package
>either.  There appeared to be no problems -- except that installation
>could not be completed with the MSDOS copied 96 TPI diskette!

My site missed the beginning of this thread, sorry.

I received the SCO 2.3GT Upgrade on 5.25 diskettes, so I had them copied
for my 3.50 drives. No way N1 would boot.
It took hours to find, but there's a simple fix, which is to copy the
correct boot track onto the N1 diskette. This boot track resides in /etc.
The proper 'dd' syntax can be scarfed from the /etc/mkdev/fd file.
--
Jean-Pierre Radley		CIS: 72160,1341		jpr at jpradley.UUCP