SCSI with SCO xenix

Chuck Forsberg caf at omen.UUCP
Tue Jul 4 07:00:44 AEST 1989

I have been running an Adaptec 1540 (not A) board with a CDC
Wren V (600 MB) drive since early this year.  The Wren is the
entire disk plus a small (for fooling around) DOS partition
for 2.3 GT.  It is also mounted as a pair of Xenix filesystems
and (sometimes) as a second DOS FS under a beta test version.

Except for the lack of a floppy disk driver on the 1540 and
its consequent effect on empty board slots, I have had no
problems with the combination running SCO on either an Everex
3000 or an early Intel 386 motherboard (the one with the fubar
386 socket).  This combination definitely keeps netnews from
foaming at the mouth.  This combo gets good numbers from
Coretest and other dick performance benchmarks I have run.

I got the CDC drive and Adaptec controller from Microtek West
(408-458-1414).  They are used to talking to people who know
what they need.

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX          ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf
Author of YMODEM, ZMODEM, Professional-YAM, ZCOMM, and DSZ
  Omen Technology Inc    "The High Reliability Software"
17505-V NW Sauvie IS RD   Portland OR 97231   503-621-3406
TeleGodzilla:621-3746 FAX:621-3735 CIS:70007,2304 Genie:CAF