SCO 2.3.2, 386GT, UNIX ?

Ross Oliver rosso at sco.COM
Sat Jul 1 09:22:10 AEST 1989

In article <321 at ghp.UUCP> nawien at ghp.UUCP (Nawien Sharma) writes:

  We are currently running SCO XENIX 2.2.3 on an NEC 386.
  We would like to upgrade our software to the latest version
  supported by SCO.
  An SCO Media representative told me that 386GT is treated as a
  separate product ( at $700 US) using a separate operating
  system and is not considered as a part of the 2.x.x series
  of XENIX software.
  Therefore, I see no need going to XENIX 2.3.2 for $195 U.S. when
  one cannot pay an upgrade cost to go to 386GT from XENIX 2.3.2.

An upgrade from SCO XENIX 2.2 386 to 2.3.2 GT is now available for
$295.  If you have encountered problems with getting this upgrade,
please contact your SCO sales rep again, as the policy on this
upgrade has been recently clarified.

  >Although SCO will support XENIX 2.3.2 and 386GT, I would be
  >concerned that after having bought 386GT when SCO UNIX is
  >introduced that no upgrade path is available from 386GT
  >and I would be forced to pay say another $700 to get SCO UNIX.
  >My only beef here is that SCO should offer upgrade paths.

SCO will be offering an upgrade later this summer for moving
from SCO XENIX to SCO UNIX System V/386.  Although a price for
this upgrade has not been set, I would expect it to be much
less than purchasing a new SCO UNIX package.

Ross Oliver
Techical Support
The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.