Sorry: Micronics & Xenix

Michael Monegan mmonegan at hpsmtc1.HP.COM
Tue Jul 18 09:18:19 AEST 1989

Good question!

I have been trying (just looked in my notebook) since June 5th to get
XENIX 386 2.3.1 and (later) 2.3.2 386GT to install on my clone with
a Micronics Baby 386-20.  No go.  Looks like I'll be getting a refund soon
the way I've been treated by SCO technical support.

Apparently, the problem has to do with some cryptic code that no one
understands at SCO.  This code supposedly checks the memory on the way up.
If things go wrong, it just hangs at some point.  Real good!

--Mike