SCO 386 XENIX 2.3.1

Dave Gresham dbg at pnet01.cts.com
Mon Aug 27 06:16:02 AEST 1990

Please send answers to me directly and if there is enough interest I will
summarize.  I have been digging through the manuals and am unable to find
a answer.

I am running 386 xenix 2.3.1 which has a starnet 8 port serial device
for additional terminals.  We installed the acl (driver) for it.

What happens is that I will log in via a (386 !login prompt) and after
one or two commands I get a message to re-login in.  What security file
is this using?  I have tried my accounts that I have set up to no avail.

I have a terminal that is emulating a wyse 50.  I have looked at my
/etc/ttys, /etc/gettydefs and /etc/ttytpe file.   The problem only
comes up from terminals via the starnet controller.  When the system
boots it comes up as com5.

any help would be appreciated.

david gresham
dbg at pnet01.cts.com