Xenix-Net, compiler and news reader problems

Alan H. Mintz alan at mq.UUCP
Wed Aug 1 10:04:56 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul30.213729.29078 at murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> cch6t at madras.cs.Virginia.EDU (Christopher Cyrus Hapgood) writes:
>Second: I need a news reader program.  I've seen plenty of them on
>uunet.uu.net's comp.sources.unix, but because of the abovementioned
>problem, no compilee.  CAN ANYONE GIVE ME THE BINARIES for any decent
>public domain/free news reader?  I will gladly pay for the cost of a
>telephone call to download, or I can use FTP.

SCO has available a SLS (Support Level Supplement) called xnx143 which contains
the appropriate XENIX-compiled binaries for "rn" and the general BNews 2.11
set. They are available by uucp or (I believe) you can have them sent to you.

<    Alan H. Mintz                     | It's just temporary...              >
<    Micro-Quick Systems, Inc.         |                                     >
<    Alta Loma, CA  91701              | Voice +1 714 980 1034               >
<    USA.Earth                         | FAX   +1 714 944 3995               >
<                                      | uucp: uunet!mq!alan                 >