different Printers on SCO XENIX 2.3.3

Steven M. List itkin at mrspoc.Transact.COM
Wed Aug 22 07:50:44 AEST 1990

tb at pemstgt.gtc.de (Tillmann Basien) writes:

>hy,
>	I want to install more then one printer on SCO XENIX 2.3.3, with
>	are attached to the same physikal device. On this device /dev/lp1
>	is a laserprinter with manny different emulations.

>	Printer 1: ibmlp	/dev/lp1
>	Printer 2: hpjet	/dev/lp1
>	Printer 3: doku		/dev/lp1
>	Printer 4: listing	/dev/lp1

Barring the program referred to by Chip in his reply...

Assuming that you've already got all the codes needed to set the printer
to its various modes, then instead of using multiple logical printers,
it makes sense to make the specific printers options (as suggested by
Chip) and use the options to send the appropriate initialization codes
to the print.

This would permit a single interface script that has a single controlling
CASE statement to set the printer's operating mode.