TCP/IP loosing packets

Kevin Lincoln Flynn flynn at clotho.acm.rpi.edu
Wed Aug 8 03:15:51 AEST 1990

We had difficulties, where I work, with SCO TCP/IP failing in what may
be related.  If the SO_LINGER option was not set on a TCP/IP connection,
sometimes it worked, most of the time it lost a _lot_ of stuff when the
connection was closed.  It seems that this bug has been fixed in TCP/IP
Runtime 1.0.1h.

The other suggestions that have been made don't quite jibe with my experiences
with Wyse 386s running 3C501s.  However, getting your vendors involved is
surely an excellent idea.

Disclaimer:  The above is not necessarily the official opinion of First Albany
Corporation, nor that of the RPI-ACM.

----
Kevin Lincoln Flynn    flynn at acm.rpi.edu, userfwvl at mts.rpi.edu
113 9th Street         H (518) 272-0048  W (518) 447-8561
Troy, NY  12180
...Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours.