XENIX 2.3.2 include files...

Eric Bennett etg at dhw68k.cts.com
Sat Aug 18 19:16:31 AEST 1990

I recently accquired the GCC C Compiler from another XENIX system and found
out (when I un-tared it) that it did not come with the include files needed
to run it. I realise that these files are system specific (i.e. you need the
UNIX include files to run it on a UNIX system and the XENIX include........)
but why do they have the compiler if you have to buy a C Development System
in order to get the include files in order to use GCC? If you have purchased
a C Compiler you obviously wouldn't need the GCC Compiler. But it appears,
unless I am mistaken, that you can only get the include files from SCO when
you purchase the Development System.

It makes no sense to me.

Eric Bennett

(If you can read this you aren't looking through the Hubble Space Telescope)

--
Eric Bennett
Internet: etg at dhw68k.cts.com      UUCP: ...{spsd,zardoz,felix}!dhw68k!etg