sendmail on SCO Xenix

Joe Rackelmann jjr at siva.UUCP
Wed Aug 29 09:57:05 AEST 1990

Has anyone gotten sendmail working under SCO Xenix?  sendmail
comes with the SCO TCP/IP package.  I have 1.0.1h version of
TCP/IP for _Xenix_, supposedly the latest.  I have been hacking
(torturing myself) at the sendmail.cf file, and have just one
obscure problem:  Certain messages from off-site machines that
arrive via uucp get stuck in "mailq".  When I run sendmail -q,
it says that it is Connecting to  (local)
and hangs.  From another terminal, I see that it is stuck
(using ps):   mail.local -r site!site!site.dom!username
where username also has dots in it.   I don't know if that's
the problem, but calling mail.local from a shell works fine.
I can also receive mail from other sites via uucp just fine.
Our tcp connection is local for now, but will be on Internet
by end of year -- mail sent via tcp (ether) also works fine.
Any ideas?
--
jjr at cdffp                        Someone's had too much to think!
or mebbe ucdavis!csusac!sactoh0!siva!cdffp!jjr