Setting modem to answer on 4 rings

Gary Ritchie gritchie at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
Wed Aug 8 16:03:14 AEST 1990

	Thanks for all the help on my last problem with the monochrome
monitor.  I've run into another problem I can't figure out.  I'm
trying to get my modem to answer on the fourth ring.  I have changed
the dialers file to ATS0=4 in the string that resets auto answer.
However, the modem is reinitialized to 1 ring answer.
	Next I changed the reinit string to S0=0 to turn off the modem
from answering.  No change.  The modem still answers on 1 ring.  Is
the modem being reset by something other than the dialers file, and
if so, is there anything I can do to change it.
	I'm running XENIX 386, the most current version, have the modem
set up for tty2A, and the modem is a Hayes 2400.  I used to have
this working on XENIX 286 which was controlled by the dialers
file.  Any suggestions?

thanks,
-gary

--