Need mon386

John C. Tompkins jct at jct.UUCP
Fri Aug 24 12:14:57 AEST 1990

In article <59086 at bbn.BBN.COM>, cladd at bbn.com (Carol Ladd) writes:
> Recently, in newsgroup comp.sources.unix, the sources to umon386 were
> posted.  In the README to these sources is the following text:
>
> > will not work there; sorry.  Someone reported he was working on a
> > port to XENIX, but jct!jct's mon386 is great (posted to
> > comp.unix.xenix on 11 Jul 89 in 9 parts, starting with
>
> So... Does anyone have a copy of this 'mon386' somewhere?  If so, would
> you send it to me?

Being the jct!jct in question, maybe I can help. I wrote the Xenix 286
version of 'monitor', someone else, alas I lost his name and patches due
to a disk failure, made changes for Xenix 386. My version currenly runs
on SCO UNIX 386 and I am working on RISC Ultrix. I no longer have 286
hardware to test on and I am sure I have missed a few #if XENIX_286s
along the way but it should be a good starting point.

I subscribe to comp.sources.unix myself but have never seen umon386. I tried
submitting monitor myself to that group over a year ago but never saw any
response.

Anyhow, there is a working SCO UNIX version available and maybe someone
would like to help out on my understanding the internals of BSD UNIX so
I can complete the Ultrix one?

John C. Tompkins
uokmax!occrsh!jct!jct