386 chip "hangs" when in protected mode and 387 in place SC

Casey Leedom casey at gauss.llnl.gov
Wed Aug 15 08:53:39 AEST 1990

| From: mslater at cup.portal.com (Michael Z Slater)
|
| There is a hardware fix that, I believe, will work on any machine. ...
| They sold for about $100, so they are cheaper than replacing the
| processor.

  Why should anyone pay to get a replacement for a defective chip?  The
buggy chips don't operate as advertised.  If Intel refuses to replace the
them free of charge, it strikes me that they're liable to get sued on grounds
of fraud ...  At the very least they'll generate some very bad customer
feelings.

Casey