man page system for SCO Xenix

William R. Pearson wrp at biochsn.acc.Virginia.EDU
Wed Aug 22 07:00:11 AEST 1990

>with them on your laser printer using the grotty C/A/T troff supplied
>by SCO.  I wish they'd ship a bugfixed version of troff though.  SCO's
>ancient one barfs on the Berzerkeley -me macro package :-(

	Actually, it is relatively simple to get SCO's troff to work
with the -me macros.  You need to edit the macros so that constructions
of the form:

	.if .... \{ ... \}

become:

	.if ... \{
	\}

	Here is the text of an earlier msg that explains the solution:

]The problem is with the .if directive.  In fact, the first offender is
]one of the first ones in tmac.e.  You cannot continue a .if with a
]backslash, unless you also use braces around the body.  I'm not sure if
]the opening brace must appear on the same line or not.
]
]Anyway, I was finally able to get it working just by editing the .if stuff.
]--
]						Greg Woods.
]
]UUCP: utgpu!woods, utgpu!{ontmoh, ontmoh!ixpierre}!woods
]VOICE: (416) 242-7572 [h]		LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

	Bill Pearson