Problems with DIGIBOARD PC/4

John Palmer jpp at ddmi.com
Fri Aug 17 10:28:27 AEST 1990

I'm running SCO Xenix 2.3.2 on a AT clone (386/20MHz) and I have a
DIGIBOARD PC/4 (4 ports, dumb controller chips).

I'm having some problems with this setup:

1> Sometimes, when someone hangs up, the modem is left in such a state
that it will not answer the phone until it is power-cycled. The RD (rcv data)
and SD (send data) lights remain on and the modem will not answer the phone.

2> Many times, output gets garbled, especially right before a read operation.

I have heard that the I/O chips on this board can be replaced by more
"intelligent" chips. Is this the case, and if so, what is the part
number of the intelligent chip.

On a related topic, is there anyway to flush typeahead in Xenix?? I am
using the Xenix equivalent of cbreak() (by setting various flags with
ioctl()). fflush(stdin) doesn't seem to work, although it doesn't return
an error code.

Thanks ahead of time.
jpp at ddmi.com

--
=  CAT-TALK Conferencing Network, Prototype Computer Conferencing System  =
-  1-800-825-3069, 300/1200/2400/9600 baud, 8/N/1. New users use 'new'    -